Nurse managers are key players in implementing and integrating evidence-based practice (EBP) at the unit level by educating staff nurses about EBP and how to deliver evidence-based care at the bedside. Nurse managers should take on the following EBP roles to ensure quality care at the bedside:
- Set the vision for the unit
- Establish unit priorities
- Manage resources and facilitate the success of unit-based EBP workgroups
- Support EBP by communicating with unit staff the expectations for participation and available resources
- Encourage broad staff participation to promote collaborative teamwork
- Become a primary vehicle for recognition of staff nurses' success in EBP
Source: Adapted from HCPro's Workshop on the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program. Check out our latest nursing resources here.